- To protect the privacy of individuals, corporations and businesses that donate to Assistance League® of the Triangle Area and to establish the responsibilities of the chapter.
B. General Statements.
- Assistance League of the Triangle Area does not copy, reproduce, publish, post, distribute, share or sell the name, personal contact information or description of donation of donor to any outside individual or business. Exceptions shall be those as required by law, requested in grant applications or connection with bank credit and debit card transactions that may be made without prior knowledge or consent of the donor.
- Assistance League of the Triangle Area may recognize donors by name and/or description of donation by various means such as internal or community publications. A donor wishing to view samples of the publications may do so by contacting the chapter.
- If a donor prefers not to be included on any donor recognition list mentioned above, the donor shall contact Assistance League of the Triangle Area in writing within 15 days of the date on the Donor Acknowledgement. All donations shall be treated individually so that multiple donations from a single donor shall receive the same consideration as if each were the first donation received.
- If the donor chooses to opt out of any recognition listings in publications, the donor’s name and address will only be made available to the members of Assistance League of the Triangle Area who are responsible for managing the business of the chapter.
- All records of donations to Assistance League of the Triangle Area shall be maintained by the chapter according to the applicable standards of record retention in effect at the time of the donation. The Data Manager shall be the custodian of the donors’ written opt-out requests.
C. Donations to Assistance League of the Triangle Area.
- Any individual, corporation or business may make tax-deductible donations to Assistance League of the Triangle Area. Donations may be monetary or in-kind goods and/or services.
- A donation to Assistance League of the Triangle Area may be restricted or unrestricted. Any restrictions shall be in writing. All restricted donations shall be used solely for the intended purpose and no other.
- A letter to the donor shall be sent by Assistance League of the Triangle Area acknowledging the donation, the amount of the donation and any restrictions on the donation.
- Donations received from chapter members will be afforded the same consideration as stated in this policy.
- Assistance League of the Triangle Area operates A-Z Thrift Shop. The names of donors contributing to the thrift shop are never made public without the donor’s written permission.
- Assistance League of the Triangle Area shall not use photographs of a donor in any publication without a signed Photograph Release Form. In the case of a photograph including a minor, the Photo Release Form shall be signed by the parent/guardian.
D. Written Acknowledgment.
- Donations received by Assistance League of the Triangle Area shall be acknowledged in writing with Donor Acknowledgment letters.
- The personal contact information of donors is provided to chapter members who require such information to acknowledge receipt of the donation with clear instructions to not disseminate the information further.
D. Contact Information.
Assistance League of the Triangle Area
P.O. Box 98477
Raleigh, NC 27624